Applications are available to receive a grant to retrain post-dance performance career.
11/10/2023: The deadline for expressing interest in a retraining grant (Monday 9 Oct 2023) has now passed. For updates on retraining grant opportunities, sign up to our mailing list.
More information on retraining grants
Dancers Career Development retraining grants are also available. It is possible to apply to both charities and you may receive more funding as a result. Please note, both charities are working together. Subject to your permission we are very likely to share details of your request.
Who can apply:
- Professional dancers who have recently stopped, or will soon be stopping, their performing careers.
- We regretfully cannot help students or amateurs.
What you can apply for:
• Accredited courses, normally in this UK, unless there is no comparable course here (evidence required). Can be for any career path, so long as there is evidence to support this decision.
• Maintenance costs to cover rent/mortgage, travel costs, childcare outside of government provision.
• Grants will be provided for courses within a one-year timeframe. If the course is longer than a year, you can reapply if you have received confirmation of continuing on the course. Please bear in mind priority will be given to first-time applicants so funding is not guaranteed.
• We do not support the cost of further dance training or retraining into another art form, such as the fees for an acting course.
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for further information about who and how our fund can help.