Dance Professionals Fund provides financial support for professional dancers, dance teachers, choreographers and choreologists in time of need.
Examples of this might be:
- Crisis funding e.g. when facing homelessness
- Cost of living e.g. payment of bills and essential household items
- Medical costs e.g. physiotherapy, counselling
To be eligible for funding you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Have three years of professional dance performance, teaching or choreography in the UK
- Be a practising, former or retired dance professional; or in certain circumstances, be a dependent of a dance professional
- Be in receipt of all the state benefits you are entitled to at the time of applying
- Have individual savings of less than £6,000 if of working age, or £16,000 if retired
- Have no other significant means of support e.g. from a partner or from capital assets.
We regret we are unable to fund the following individuals:
- Students who have yet to commence their career in dance
- Those requiring funding for creating artistic work, e.g. rehearsal or production costs
- Those working in therapeutic arts (e.g. dance therapy) or movement teachers in schools.
If you do not fulfill our criteria, there may be other charities than can help you.