We give assistance to present and former dance professionals in need. Be it illness, injury, financial or personal difficulties, the Dance Professionals Fund (DPF) is there to help.
We appreciate that it is important to have a support network in place and that it is not always easy to obtain financial aid, but we work hard to make the application process as smooth as possible.
The DPF can be a listening ear, give advice and will make home visits if need be. This is to ensure that dance professionals are in the best possible position and have practical assistance when going through difficult times. We can also provide a line of contact between the individual and the world of dance.
- Financial grants to assist with cost of living
- Financial help following injury
- Subsistence bursaries (to supplement training costs)
- Supported scheme for work/money management
- Grants for other costs (e.g. professional counselling)
- One to one telephone advice (e.g. benefits entitlement)
- Debt (referral to third parties)
- Home Visits for elderly/housebound
- Outings (for older applicants)
- Grants for those living overseas
We also offer support by keeping in touch, giving advice and home visits/outings. Please contact us for more information.
The DPF is a member of the Association of Charitable Organisations, the lead umbrella body for benevolent funds.
The DPF is a corporate member of One Dance UK, the industry body for dance.
The DPF is a member of Acting For Others a fundraising consortium of charities.