Crisis grant applications are processed faster than other grants. Grants are expected to cover unexpected events that lead to a sudden impact on cash flow. Examples of this might be an unexpected accident that puts an immediate end to your ability to work.
COVID-19 Resilience Grants
Who can apply;
- Dancers, dance teachers and choreographers whose circumstances have been affected due to the ongoing effect of COVID-19.
- Applicants who have applied for all available support including state benefits and other government schemes. Applicants who are in receipt of benefits can still apply.
- Those whose income primarily comes from dance employment.
- Those with savings of under £6,000 (unless being held for specific purpose, such as HMRC payment – evidence will be required).
- Applicants must live in the UK, and hold a bank account with an address in the UK.
What you can apply for;
Grants are intended primarily, but not exclusively, for any of the following purposes.
- Food and household expenses
- Help with rent or mortgage shortfall
- Communications, e.g. your personal mobile phone or broadband
- Cost of dance classes, including personal rehearsal clothing/shoes
The Fund cannot provide help towards:
- registered business costs
- business arrears
- debt repayments
- rent arrears
How much the grants are for:
- Grants will be allocated per person and will be paid in one instalment.
- The maximum support available from this scheme is £1,500.
How often grants will be awarded;
- Grants will be assessed every month.
How the grants will be paid to you;
- If your grant is successful, you will be notified via email and any payments will be made directly into your bank account.
Making an Application;
- If after reading the above you wish to apply, please read the guidance and checklist of requirements before submitting your application form:
If you have any queries about completing the application form, and you wish to get advice then please submit your query via our contact form (link to contact form). We aim to respond to you within three working days.
Arts Council England is supporting individuals and freelancers to reshape and refine their work during the pandemic.
Additional sources of help
The Society of London Theatre has a resource page including a list of other charities offering assistance across the entire theatre profession: https://solt.co.uk
“I cannot thank you enough. Thank you for being there to support dance artists during this stressful and worrying time. ”