Crisis grant applications are processed faster than other grants. Grants are generally provided to cover unexpected events that lead to a sudden impact on cash flow. Examples of this might be an unexpected accident that puts an immediate end to your ability to work.
If financial difficulties are placing you at risk, eg: homelessness, you can apply for assistance.
COVID-19 Resilience Grants
We continue to support dance professionals whose circumstances have been affected due to the ongoing effect of COVID-19, including:
- Those who have applied for all available support including state benefits and other government schemes. Applicants who are in receipt of benefits can still apply.
- Those whose income primarily comes from dance employment.
- Applicants must live in the UK, and hold a bank account with an address in the UK.
What you can apply for;
Grants are intended primarily, but not exclusively, for any of the following purposes.
- Food and household expenses
- Help with rent or mortgage shortfall
- Communications, e.g. your personal mobile phone or broadband
- Cost of dance classes, including personal rehearsal clothing/shoes
The Fund cannot provide help towards:
- registered business costs
- business arrears
- debt repayments
How much the grants are for:
- Grants will be allocated per person and will be paid in one instalment.
- The maximum support available from this scheme is £1,500.
How often grants will be awarded;
- Grants will be assessed every month.
Making an Application;
- If after reading the above you wish to apply, please read the guidance and checklist of requirements before submitting your application form:
If you have any queries about completing the application form, and you wish to get advice then please submit your query via our contact form (link to contact form). We aim to respond to you within three working days.
Dancer Kofi Mingo, filmed during lockdown by Fraser Clark.
Arts Council England is supporting individuals and freelancers to reshape and refine their work during the pandemic.
Additional sources of help
The Society of London Theatre has a resource page including a list of other charities offering assistance across the entire theatre profession: https://solt.co.uk
“I cannot thank you enough. Thank you for being there to support dance artists during this stressful and worrying time. ”